Monday, March 12, 2012

Sugar Sugar

I love sugar skulls! So today I decided to do a new painting with a sugar skull in mind. I don't want to restrict myself to doing cameos or drawings about my day, because that would be boring for everyone! Even though I do love my cameos and have a bunch of great ideas for new ones. So tempted to do Star Wars cameos... Don't you dare steal that idea or I will shank you.
Anyways! Here's the sketch for the painting. You can see where I attempted to teach myself to braid... I have such short hair; I've never braided it myself and I'm totally hopeless when it comes to anything hair styles. Challenge time! I wonder how strong the correlation is between being able to do something and being able to draw it. Being familiar with a subject certainly helps. This could explain why I am so TERRIBLE at drawing anything mechanical like motorcycles and cars...

No comments:

Post a Comment