Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mame


For my autobio class. Really important memory from childhood. Mame (My grandma) was a really talented artist, and it didn't occur to me until much later how important this lesson was. Seeing things as an artist is like a super power sometimes. You are a human scanner, and that's amazing! I wish she was still around so I could show her all the things I've seen. 

In other less sad and nostalgic news; I got into a show! My goal this semester was to enter ever Design project that comes my way (aka any design contests that are posted on the walls around school.) So far I am 3 for 3! I won the holiday card contest with my friend Katie, got into a small student show called Trick or Treat, and I got a poster into a really unique show called Russia Rising: Votes for Freedom. It's in the Cornish Main Gallery right now, and I was one of three students to be chosen for it. I'm pretty happy about it, so if you're in the Seattle area, check it out! Thanks for all your support guys, it really means a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment